On this trip we took Darby up on her suggestion and stayed at the cabins that are actually in Grayton state park. It's pretty much camping but with a bed, bathroom, heat, and kitchen. We are "camping" people, so we loved it. You just can't forget your soap or shampoo. It didn't have T.V. which M and I liked for the weekend:) For the most part, the only time we were in the cabin we were sleeping. We spent our days exploring the woods, hiking around dune lakes, playing hide and go seek, making art in the sand (shands's favorite), and hitting up the watercolor toy store. Finn can sniff out a toy store in 10 mile radius.
I haven't figured out how to take a "somewhat" ok picture with the boys. My plan was to sit there smiling reguardless of what the boys are doing. Hopefully one of the 20 clicks would come out ok. I might need a new plan.
Hollis really was with us. Here she is strapped to Michael.
The end of January we celebrated Finn turning 5!! We didn't plan a party this year b/c last year he had a big one. I thought we would have a family day centered around Finn, and what he wanted to do. Oops!! Totally not what a 5yr old wants. I saw such disappointment in his face when I told him the plans. He didn't throw a fit or anything, he just said, "so, I'm not going to have a party?" My eyes welled up with tears, and I felt horrible for not planning a party. I just realize that once you throw your child a big party they think they will have a big party every year, rookie mistake. Any who... I said "Finn,don't worry baby, we'll figure something out". So I emailed some friends and said meet us down at the track. Thank goodness for Publix and their quick turn around cake. We actually had a full blown birthday party in a couple of days.
Finn's Barnyard play!!! Total highlight in January. Finn was a goat. He rocked it!! I was so proud of him. I wasn't sure what to expect. As soon as his lines were sent home (for us to practice) he told me he was too nervous to say them. We practiced everyday, so he knew his lines, but whenever they practiced at school, he "forgot" his lines. So, what's a mom to do? Buy him a bag of gummy worms to see if it helps him "remember" his lines. Bingo!! He did great.
Friday, April 8, 2011
January 2011 here we come.
Alright, here we go, I'm getting pumped. I really want to get back to blogging about the in and out of our daily life. So, the last 3 days every time I sat down to feed Hollis I tried to upload pictures to this ole blog. Do you know how long that takes!!! FOREVER!! Or maybe it's my 3 little mini me's distracting me with their hilarious selves, they make me laugh. So, here is a bit of January.... Oh, you may be seeing me on here a little more often. When I was looking for pictures of my mom and me, I realized there were very few. She was the one always behind the camera. Me too!! So, Michael has done a good job of telling me to go hop in a few.
In January boys need to jump in leaves! We only have pine trees, or we did, we had 7 cut down. Have you ever seen a child get a piece of pine straw in their pants?!?! It is a sight to behold. Mine usually think it's a bee, and they have their pants off in t-1sec. We headed to the Frisbee golf course in search for leaves, but first they wanted to hide from the (bad guys) aka men on tractors? I just play along. It' fun.
Burrito sure does LOVE Finn aka Thin as Shands calls him.
He can be a bruiser too:)
I am surprised I actually have a picture of Hollis under this thing by herself. Whenever I get it out, I usually find all 3 under it.
In the beginning of January we headed to the beach, I know we live right down the road from the beach, but Grayton is like my second home. My mom's brother lived in Grayton. Growing up we spent so many summers at his cabin on the beach. It was nestled up to the Grayton state park, so through my child eyes it felt like we were the only house on the beach. Back then we actually were 1 of 5 or so. I can't believe I just used the phrase "back then" does this make me old? Surly not, I just turned 32:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i can't stop laughing at sweet finn as the billy goat. I think it is hilarious that you can't see his sweet face! I bet that was great entertainment! love you!
Post a Comment