Is a dog's hair cut really worth $80! I love my Dog, but it's hard to spend more on his hair than I do on my own. Granted, George only gets a hair cut about 3 times a year, but still! Well, Sunday afternoon I decided George needed a hair cut. To be honest, he really didn't need a hair cut. My thought was, if George's hair was shorter, when he went outside to play, he wouldn't bring as much grass and dirt inside afterwards. Therefore, less cleaning for me!! The truth came out. The motive may have been a little selfish. On the other hand, less cleaning equals more time to play with Finn, George, and Michael. Ok, so I got the razor that I usually cut Michael's hair with, (sorry Michael) and started shaving. Four and a half hours later, I have a Dog who looks like he got hit by a lawn mower. I have come to the conclusion, $80 is money well spent!! Here are some pictures. The first one is George when he looks normal. The rest are the Hair cutting process.
.JPG)


15 comments:
oh my gosh krista... i am dying! that is TOTALLY something i would have attempted too! that's the funniest thing i've seen in forever. love how you apogolize to michael for using his razor!
thanks for making me laugh!
e
ok, I am laughing so very hard. I think I need to link to your blog from mine. This is the funniest story I have ever read. I'm so cheap I would have attempted to do the same thing. I'm mourning the loss of your normal looking dog with you! Now, are you going to have to spend $80 to get him fixed? Or will he just look a little rough around the edges? I want to know what Michael said when he got home!!
Oh, I can't stop laughing. I just posted a blog entry about poor George... you'll have to go read it!!
Krista! That is hillarious...I, too, would have done the same thing and have come very close with my 2 goldens(oh, they would look much worse). A person can only vacuum so many times a week, you know?! I am so glad to read about you and Michael and Finn! I have to link your blog to mine like Darby...it is too funny not to share!
ps...thanks for getting Mere hooked up with my blog too!
Krista, I am cracking up!!!!! hilarious!
Krista,
Really too cute. Love getting to see your precious family on here.
Taylor
so darby and i have both left 2 comments- we are twins. i read this early this morning and now i came back to see it again. i have had that picture of george in my head all day long. i would like to know what you did with the hair/fur in the yard? do you leave it- rake it - vacuum it? just curious.
I found your blog through Darby's blog. I had to laugh out loud!! My husband started to shave our dogs the other night. He got two swipes down the black lab's back and the clippers quit. We have yet to buy more clippers. Oh well, we still love her!!
Erika, Michael took care of the clean up, I was too disdraught! I am pretty sure he raked it, because I saw a little bit still in the yard yesterday.Oops! Does that look redneck? :)
How funny! I'm so glad your story was funny enough for Darby to link it to hers...I was so glad to see pictures of your sweet family (and hairless dog)!! :)
Poor George! Maybe we can start a Haircut Fund for him on here - that picture would definitely make people want to contribute! I love it!
Hey Krista, this is Natalie (Ross) McGough: ). I love your pictures of George: )!! He's so cute both ways. We have two Springer Spaniels, and I shave them myself. It's hard work, but it's worth saving the money. I hope y'all are doing great.
any woman who's willing to use her own elbow grease to spend four hours shaving a breathing creature is a HERO in my book. hilarious!! makes me think of sheep-shearers in a fairytale book. you're like a magical princess. or a magical peasant-girl who has to laboriously shear her poor father's sheep every spring - not to mention milk the single, skinny cow and gather the three featherless chickens' eggs - but who runs into the village for a scrap of rotting meat and finds true love with the blacksmith who just so happens to be the prince disguised and who asks for her hand in marriage and whisks her off to the palace forever to become a princess who never touches an udder or a nest or - heaven forbid - any nasty sheep again. wow. can i feel your velvety robes?
Krista,
Only you would shave your dog. Travis and I have been laughing so hard. I must admit.. I really like him better with hair. But, I commend you for being so brave and shaving him yourself! I enjoyed seeing the Halloween pictures of Finn. He's so cute!
That is hilarious! George looks like a totally different dog! Travis and I have been laughing so hard. Poor George.. he's probably wondering what in the world happened to all his hair. You crack me up! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Finn dressed up like a Shark. He's so cute. Call me this week!
Mere
Post a Comment