Friday, August 22, 2008
my multitalented husband!!
I absolutely love having a very handy husband. I just want to sing his praises for just a second. Seriously anything I ask Michael to do like make a table ,build a head board, reproduce an antique armoire from scratch, fix the broken lawnmower, tear out the old bathroom down to studs and give us a brand new one with his own two hands, rewire the sprinkler system, reset my broken leg... ha just kidding but you get the picture. Well Michael had another talent hidden up his sleeve..... he can sew!!! The other night he went with me over to Matt and Sally's house to install some draperies I made. Sally had all her fabric picked out, the design she wanted, and even had it monogrammed, all I pretty much had to do was sew a straight line and I was done. It was the installation that was the tough part. The whole window treatment is tacked on to a 1x4 and screwed into some L brackets sounds easy. It was, until I was standing on the top of the ladder again while trying to tuck my head under the fixed roller shade and reach as high as I could to tack the roller shade in place. Michael started getting a little nervous with me being on top of the ladder knowing my track record. So, Michael says..." here just let me sew it for you." I was a little confused. Sally and I just looked in amazement while Michael took the needle and thread and started sewing with such ease. I know it is not a hard task, but most men would at least ask you "HOW" before they started. After Sally and I had a good laugh Michael perked up and said " you know this isn't my first time, I sew peoples mouths up everyday" OH!! it all makes sense now. I wish I had pictures, but you can check out Sally's blog she has pictures. http://www.mattandsallymiller.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Krista,
Those draperies look so good! Now everyone is going to want you to put your talents to some good use! I'm so proud of you. Wow! I hope one day I can get you to help me out with my house. Way to go Michael!
I agree with Meredith...that might have been a mistake! And I won't get on my soapbox about how you need to start a business because you know how I feel about that! You and Michael are so talented and I am so thankful that you live close and I can trade babysitting and dinners for your help with projects I can't do!
Post a Comment