Monday, June 23, 2008

a little bit of a recap.

For the last 4 weeks we have been out of town on the weekends, I am usually someone who loves to be on the go, but after about 4 weeks I am ready to be home for awhile. I'm pretty sure Finn feels the same way. It's hard to be in the car that much for me... even worse for a 2 year old.

Ok, this first part is for my grandmama. I have been telling her for a month I would post the picture of these flowers, so she could actually see what she sent. A little background. My grandmama and I are super close, we always have been. After my dad passed away when I was 3, we (me, kevin, and Mama) moved in with my grandmama for a year or so (I'm not really sure how long?) She even kept me every day after kindergarten (1/2 days) and I would go out to eat with 7 of her friends every Monday, then we would go home and watch days of our lives. To be quite honest I think "Bo and Hope" are pretty much in the same place as they were 24 years ago. WOW!! 24 years that feels really long!!! Anyways, we have always had an amazing bond. She is the one person who I could always go to and not even have to say how sad I was about losing Mom, she just knew. She was just as sad. She would just sit there and hold me while I cried. She is also a pretty sneaky one as well. Last month was my Mom's birthday and my sweet Grandmama had our church's alter flowers placed in honor of me and in memory of my mom. I had no idea until I got to church and read it in the bulletin. It really meant the world to me. Thanks Grandmama!!!
Ok, so one of our weekends was spent in Atlanta. Most of you know we are in the process of opening a dental practice. Our sweet friends, the Millers, let us borrow there Tahoe and trailer to bring all our loot back. We headed to ATL around 7:45 Friday Night, which ended up putting us in Atlanta at 2:45 am!!!! (Atlanta time) While shopping for furniture and trying to extend our budget as much as possible IKEA had to be hit hard!! Finn did extremely well. Shopping 9 hours straight one day!!!! I was acting worse than him!! I love to shop, but sometimes it is a little overwhelming even for me!!

Finn really wanted this cute green chair.



Packed to the Max!! We Ain't kiddin around:)







1/2 way unloaded!! Finn's play room has now officially become the storage unit!! I am a little sad about that, mainly b/c we were going to refinish the wood floors to match the rest of the house and now that is pushed back until the office is ready:( Finn seems to like all the new stuff, more to climb on!! Also, a little side note, the blue wicker chairs are being painted a nice dark brown, and the cow rug Finn is standing on was Michael's contribution along with a cute little leather sofa for his personal office. I think I will be able to work it into the whole design scheme.

2 weeks ago we headed back to the beach for some CE courses, and Fathers day. We had a great time. Michael had Sunday entirely free, so he was able to have a full Fathers day. We stayed at the Grand Sandestin, so we rented a golf cart to ride around. Finn loved it!! We even took it for a midnight spin on the golf course, all was well until I let my imagination get the best of me and I convinced myself there was some crazy person in the trees about jump out and scare me 1/2 to death!!

And last but not least, we were in Birmingham this past weekend for Kathryn and Rusty's wedding. Kathryn is Michael's little sister!! I was so glad to see this wedding finally get here, I had been so worried about my bridesmaid dress. I ordered it pre pregnancy. luckily it fit!!! It fit like a corset, but it fit, so I was happy. Kathryn and Rusty were so much fun to watch get married. They are both two extremely solid people in Christ, It was fun to be a part of the Lords will take place. Also, Finn and Anna did a great job at being the ring bearer and flower girl. I was just glad to see him get down the aisle this time!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I LOVE that your Grandmama surprised you with flowers at the church in memory of your mom and in honor of you! They were beautiful!
You really have been busy. I am glad that the trip to Atlanta, the beach, and the wedding all went well. I can't wait to see pictures of Michael's office and all the furniture. I am sure it will look fabulous!
I am praying for you today. Let me know how it goes! Can't wait to hear! Love you!