Let me just set the stage. I had been looking for weeks for a pair of seersucker pants for Finn. We had a Photographer coming over to snap a few shots, and I thought it would be cute if he had some rolled up seersucker's running around the yard, doing his thing. Easier said than done. I had been searching for about 2 weeks, yes toddler seersucker is out there, just not in my price range. Jcrew (crew cuts) has a darling pair, there just about $68. Most of you know I will not pay that price, remember I am the girl wasted 4 hours of her life shaving her dog with her husbands haircutting razor just to save $80 (not worth it)! Anywho, I decided to try EBay. Bingo! They had the perfect pair from baby gap. I had actually seen these in person (the brand) before, so I knew they were good. Well , I was the only one bidding on them at the time, so I thought!! The last min some eBay miser swooped in and stole them from me!! For 1 cent over my bid!!! Which was $10. Man, I was mad!! Oh well, lets just say, it happen a couple more times before I really had to get serious. All the seersucker pants were gone on eBay that were in Finns size, but there was a cute little suit. I thought this might work, I could just use the pants. The bid ended at 6am Sunday morning. I set my alarm for 5:45. I wasn't about to let these babies slip away! YES!! I got them!! Probably because I was the only goofball who woke up a 5:45 to bid on eBay. Well, the story doesn't end there. The cute little suit arrived, and it is too BIG!!! All I could do at that point was laugh. The day of the pictures it rained, so they were pushed back in time for me to find something for Finn to wear, and he couldn't have looked any cuter!!

14 comments:
too funny!!
i LOVE seersucker, and he looks precious...even if it is just a "titch" too big! :)
This cracks me up!!!
I am laughing out loud at work. I am sure people are wondering what is going on. That is too funny. Maybe he can wear the suit in a few years! I haven't been brave to actually bid on ebay. But I have definitely looked! I'm impressed you tried.
SOOOO cute! I cannot wait until the beach... it is so close! Are y'all coming for the party for Rusty & Kathryn's party this weekend?
Hilarious! He will look so cute in it one day....but it sure looks like it will be awhile.
I was at Eloise and Henry yesterday and she has pants. There is a link to her store on my blog. You can see them, I think it was March when she put them on there. She has some more. I think the smallest size on the blog was a 4(too big) in the pants. I did not check the shorts. It would be worth checking with her!:)
That is hilarious! Only you would try to get a good deal... Save it though and maybe Finn can wear it when he's 10. You are too funny. I've always been weary of EBAY but Max gets stuff there all the time. I love looking at this blog b/c it reminds me of the crazy things we used to do when we were younger. I sure do miss those times. My dad still talks about "the Brain" I'm glad to know you are putting it to good use.
HILARIOUS! Finn is such a good model.
I love the seersucker! Maybe it is a *little* too big, but better big than small right? He can grow into it. I'm proud of you & your Ebay ways!
I have always been scared of EBAY and your story just confirms my reluctance to use it. Finn does look so cute though! Funny story!
too cute.......your house photographs so well in these pics. Just thought you should know.
Alright plan... WE need to start a beach blog leading up to it.... Each family can post. Think we can pull it off? Add the others to the world of blogging.
Krista, you crack me up... that sounds like something I might do trying to save a buck. But, I am little nervous on e-bay since my husband has managed to buy 3 cars on there in the past year and may, or may not, have really intended to to. I loved seeing your blog! Hope you guys are doing well, Love, Adrienne, Bobby, and Charlie
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment